Scribbles Art Therapy Cards© provide experiential
exercises through the therapeutic use of
visual art as an expressive healing modality.
Each card has a symbolic picture and subject on the front side.
Written therapeutic instructions or prompts are on the back side.
"Visual art and storytelling are universal human necessities. When offered for a therapeutic purpose, the arts becomes a powerful agent for healing through creativity."
- Catherine Rogers Jonsson
Scribbles Art Therapy Cards© Clinical Note: Assessing, analyzing and diagnosing client's artwork and art process is the domain of credentialed art therapists (ATR or ATR-BC) or other professionals who are highly trained and skilled in visual language, art psychotherapy, pathology in art, symbolism and the developmental stages of art making.
If you suspect your client/patient's artworks or stories show themes of abuse or danger to self or others bring this information to the attention of your supervisor or the proper social service authorities.
Never practice beyond the bounds of your profession.
Art materials recommended for Scribbles Art Therapy Cards©
- Heavy weight drawing paper (11"x 17" or 18" x 24")
- Chalk pastels - assorted colors
- Oil pastels - assorted colors
- Tempera paints - assorted colors and a variety of brushes
- Colored markers, colored pencils, crayons, charcoal sticks
- Ceramic clay with clay tools, popcycle sticks and wood off-cuts for sculpture
How to use the Scribbles Art Therapy Cards©
- Excellent for well-being, personal development and creative expression.
- Choose a card topic at random or search the deck for a specific topic.
- Art therapeutic prompts for drawing, painting and sculpture exploration.
- Encourages storytelling after the artwork is created, making the experience deeper and more detailed.Works beautifully with individuals or groups.
- Discuss, share and explore the art and story with others.
- Easy to use as a desk reference for mental health professionals. (Record the artwork and the story after the session.)